February 11, 2010

Christmas Day Continued...

...at the Runnels' house!
First let me say that I was very bad again & didn't take one picture of Bradley opening his gifts :( Well, as you can tell from the picture above we got sooo many gifts, that I cannot even remember everything we got.  However, I did get the white Northface jacket that I've been wanting, a Coach wallet(Annie got it to match the Coach purse she gave me last year), a new set of Calphalon cookware, and much much more!  Bradley got some new ties from Brooks Brothers(his favorite), some very nice things for his office from Bromberg's, but he was super-excited about the new Dyson Turbinehead & the Dyson Animal(handheld) in which both are designed for homes with pets(with 3 dogs, we really needed these).  And where do I begin with Lauren, she got so much stuff that she was buried under it...and the sad thing is that the picture doesn't even show everything.
We gave Jim a new scope for his gun, Aimee a KitchenAid Mixer, & Annie a digital camera(she was still using the "throw away" camera).
This year I wanted to give Bradley's parents & Aunt something very special.  
I ran across a poem that Nunna(Jim's mother) found after Diddle passed away, "Tomorrow Never Comes" by Norma Cornett Marek, & I just had to incorporate it in some way.  I found a wooden picture frame with a large blank space on the side at Michaels...it was Perfect!  All I needed was a piece of scrapbook paper, modge podge & Distressed ink.  I think the frame looked wonderful & Jim absolutely LOVED it...I made one for Nunna too, and she loved it.  
While shopping around at Christmas Village I found the perfect gift for Aimee & Annie.  It is a piece of boxed wood that says "When someone you love becomes a Memory...the memory becomes a Treasure."  Both of their parents have passed away(Pappy & Ree) so I wanted to put a picture on it of the 4 of them...so I got Bradley to go to his parents & get a bunch of pictures.  Well, I found the perfect picture!!  They LOVED it & will cherish this forever!!  A funny story about the picture is that Bradley & I thought the opposite on which one was his mom & which was his aunt...so we asked them?!  They couldn't tell themselves apart either...but after they studied it for a bit, they told us & I was right... 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: